The union steward elected for your area is responsible for:
- Organizing members to address workplace issues and assist members in problem solving and resolving issues.
- Inspiring members to get involved in union activities.
- Distributing flyers and other communications to members in your unit/area.
- Communicating member concerns and issues to union leadership and staff as necessary.
- Being familiar with the Collective Bargaining Agreement and being a resource for members regarding their rights and responsibilities at the workplace.
- And more…
Stay in touch with your union steward and get involved in union activities. In Unity There is Strength!