Absentee ballots will be hitting mailboxes this week for the August 26, 2014, Primary Election.
Early voting begins Aug. 11 in Miami-Dade and Aug. 15 in Broward.
We’ve put together a quick voting guide for our members on some of the candidates we support.
Quick absentee ballot tips:
- The Elections Department must receive your ballot no later than 7:00 p.m. on Election Day, August 26, 2014.
- Ensure you sign the voter certificate on the outside of the absentee ballot envelope.
- The signature on the envelope must match the signature the Elections Department has on record. Voters are encouraged to update their signature by submitting a voter registration application, which can be printed from the Elections Department website or by calling the County’s 3-1-1 Answer Center. Be sure to check the “signature update” box.
- Do not allow anyone to mark your ballot unless you are unable to do so because of blindness, disability or failure to read or write.
- There is no reason to give your ballot to anyone other than someone you have specifically named as your designee with the Elections Department.
- Return postage is paid for Miami-Dade County. There is no need for someone to mail your ballot for you.