SEIU represents roughly two million workers across America. Times are tough for unions in general, but active members made the difference in 2015 in state after state.
2015 was a remarkable year when our movement made great progress on our journey to a just society, where all work is valued, and all people respected.
With your help, we have reached a milestone on our journey: $15 an hour has gone from a slogan to a benchmark.
The Wage Board in New York set a $15 minimum wage for fast-food employees all across the state. That will free up a billion dollars that can now be invested in the good jobs that New York needs.
- We won $15 in Los Angeles—both the city and the county.
- Home care providers won $15 in Massachusetts, Oregon and Washington.
- Healthcare professionals won $15 at Swedish Medical Center in Washington.
- Airport staff secured their $15 victory at Sea-Tac.
- Nursing home employees in Connecticut and Massachusetts won $15.