In a tentative agreement signed Oct. 19, SEIU, AFSCME and JHS management agreed to a 2.25% bonus now, 2% COLA retro to Oct 1, 2016 and another 2% COLA on Sept. 30, 2017. This is a better deal than any previously discussed with management, resulting in more money in members’ pockets and equity with the 4% COLA other county unions received.
By an overwhelming majority, bargaining unit members voted Oct. 25-27 to ratify the contract changes on COLA and insurance.
The Public Health Trust also voted to approve the agreement, which will now go before the County Commission on Nov. 15.
Once the Commission approves the agreement, the bonus will be issued and the first 2% COLA will be implemented in the next pay period.
Thanks to everyone who voted for this agreement, which puts more money in the pockets of all bargaining unit members and brings back the COLA for the first time in years!
Below is a summary of the main points of the agreement. You can read the full tentative agreement here: COLA and Insurance Tentative Agreement
· A 2.25% lump sum payment upon ratification for all RN and Professionals Bargaining Unit employees on the base rate for all hours worked (excluding overtime) during FY 15-16. This includes per diems who average more than 20 hours per week.
· A 2% base rate increase effective 10/1/16 for all full-time and part-time employees in the RN and Professionals Bargaining Units.
· A 2% base rate increase effective 9/30/17 for all full-time and part-time employees in the RN and Professionals Bargaining Units.
The agreement also calls for changes to the health insurance that will help Jackson afford rising healthcare costs and while also giving employees real incentives to use Jackson for their healthcare. These are strategic changes that will contribute to Jackson’s sustainability for the long term.
· Concierge Service offered for both Select and Jackson First when using Jackson facilities.
· $200 Inpatient Facility Services copay ($0 at JHS) for the Standard HMO/POS Plans.
· $50 ER Copay for Select and Jackson First; $100 ER Copay for Standard HMO/POS Plans (All plans copays waived if admitted).
· RX Copays $15/$25/$40 for Select and Jackson First; $15/$40/$55 for Standard HMO/POS Plans.
· $50 copay for specialty RX for Select and Jackson First; $100 copay for specialty RX for Standard HMO/POS Plans.
· $100 Outpatient Surgery copay ($0 at JHS) for the Standard HMO/POS Plans.
· Smart Shopper Program for the Select Plan that creates financial incentives for the employee to utilize JHS facilities
· $15 biweekly premium for Employee Only on the Select Plan; $75 biweekly premium for Employee Only on the Standard HMO Plan; $100 biweekly premium on the POS Plan.
· 10% rate increase on the Standard HMO and POS plans for all options other than Employee Only.
· Enhanced language that creates a Health Care Committee focused on utilization, cost, effectiveness of plans, and employee wellness.
Thanks go out to the entire bargaining team for working out this agreement over the last few months of negotiation and to all the members who attended the sessions.